The Horse-Eyed Men are Noah and Dylan Harley, two brothers who play original disgruntled Americana and country. Raised by musical humans in a former candy store outside of Providence RI, their music mixes spaghetti-western themes with cabaret, ragtime, and post-partum punk.
The Sound Down Cellar is a straightforward alternative rock collective with a side of pickles.
Solei is a visual artist, muralist and musician living in Somerville, Massachusetts.
Mug is a Boston-based folk musician.
His music is available on bandcamp.
Words seldom do wonderlands justice; what you will see in the South West is a leather-jacket geology in mirrored shades, high heels and deep red lipsticks…
Cactus in memory of Benjamin Britten: Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument
Destination Moon: White Sands National Monument
Guadalupe Mountains National Park
Beneath The Surface: Carlsbad Caverns National Park
Everything Is BIG In Texas: Santa Elena Canyon, Big Bend National Park
Leaning Rocks: Big Bend National Park
Rio Grande: Big Bend National Park
Chiricahua Mountains: Coronado National Forest
Painted Desert: Petrified Forest National Park
Newspaper Rock: Petrified Forest National Park
The Tepees: Petrified Forest National Park
Jasper Forest: Petrified Forest National Park
Martha’s Butte: Petrified Forest National Park
Red Rock State Park: Sedona
a structure consisting of strips of wood or metal crossed and fastened together with square or diamond-shaped spaces left between, used typically as a screen or fence or as a support for climbing plants.
synonyms: grid, latticework, fretwork, open framework, openwork, trellis, trelliswork, espalier, grille, network, mesh,…etcetera
Society of Composers at Berklee presents their fall semester concert. The concert celebrates and embraces diversity and inclusion at a time when people are becoming more divided than ever.
Compositions span a wide variety of themes and styles, and are performed by Berklee students with additional special guests from the community. All compositions are premieres, composed by Berklee students and recent alumni.
- Yotam Ishay: Three Preludes for Piano
- Life’s Little Moment: Jacquelyn Hazle
- Caught up in the Snow: Tina Kayal (composer) and Sarah Chong (piano)
- When Eyes Meet: Jan Vincent Huntenburg
- Copley 6:49 – 8 Miniatures: David Lee (arr. w/ Matt Scutchfield)
- Los Perros: Donovan Sierra, Sarah Chong (piano)
- On a Rainy Night: Tianyi Zhang (composer/pianist)
- Last Stage to a New World: Ben Delaney
- A Year After: Pedro Osuna (Composer), Tania Mesa (Violin I), Lily Lyons (Violin II), Yeh-Van Chen (Sandy) (Viola) and Parker Ousley (Cello)
- (Bye -) Escapade: Matt Scutchfield (Composer), Paul Meland (Saxophone), Matt Samolis (Flute), Lou Bunk (Viola), Ben Delaney (Violin) and Sarah Chong (Prepared Piano)
- Concertino: Lou Bunk (composer and conductor) and almost everyone above
Audio recording credits go to: Kenneth Jin.
Lou Cohen, born 1937, has composed music since age 11. He studied mathematics at MIT, and has studied music privately. Composition teachers include John Cage, Ernst Levy and Alan Kemler.
He studied harpsichord and early music performance practice with John Gibbons.
Dirk Adams, Polly Hanson, Clara Kebabian, Jesse Kenas-Collins, Joshua Jefferson, Andrea Pensado, Melanie Hedlund, Jane Wang, Audrey Chen, Henrik Munkeby Nørstebø, flandrew fleisenberg, lou bunk
The trio performed at Mobius in Central Square under the auspices of OpenSound series….